Saturday, July 21, 2007

Music news



My friend Tom is joining another band. In addition to his solo and bar band performances, he is
debuting as the new keyboardist, harmonica player, and backing vocalist for IX Lives. As best as I can tell, IX Lives plays stadium rock from the 1970's and 80's. Tom says
We play higher energy Rock music, with soaring vocals, from bands like Boston, Yes, Journey, Styx, REO, Kansas, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Queen, Jet, Head East, and other artists, music that many other bands don’t cover, and there are some original rock tunes as well. If I work out in this band, it will be one of my musical dreams fulfilled.
IX Lives has played at the Taste of Chicago and Milwaukee's Summerfest. Tom's debut with IX Lives will be at Chicago's Navy Pier and he is feeling the pressure. I know he will do great.

No comments: