Friday, July 06, 2007

Update: FEMA + DNR = Trouble

Instead of my constant whining and moaning, I'll give credit today to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency for doing something right. The proposed revision to the Flood Insurance Rate Map for my property arrived and shows improvement over the previous version from 1986. The flood plain on this FIRM closely resembles that drawn by my surveyor in 1992.

The good news bottom line - the 100 Year Flood Limit near my home is at elevation 851'. The lowest elevation of my home (before backfill) was 852.3'.

I am clearly sitting high and dry.

1 comment:

Jesse Mcgraw said...

That's great news! You don't have to worry about flooding anymore. Surveying has changed so much over the past few decades, especially in terms of technology and equipment. Measurements are now more accurate now and the job is done faster with the latest tools. That must be a factor as to why the 1986 version wasn't applicable anymore. Stay dry! :)