Saturday, February 21, 2009

Solidarity U.S.A.


Russian Prime Minister Vladamir Putin has said the US should take a lesson from the pages of Russian history and not exercise “excessive intervention in economic activity and blind faith in the state’s omnipotence”. “In the 20th century, the Soviet Union made the state’s role absolute,” Putin said during a speech at the opening ceremony of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. “In the long run, this made the Soviet economy totally uncompetitive. This lesson cost us dearly. I am sure nobody wants to see it repeated.”
It is not surprising that Putin would recognize the poison of Obama's system of liberal fascism before Americans would even realize that it exists.

I just had a similar experience with my colleague who grew up in communist Poland. My mere mention of the mortgage deadbeat giveaway started him on a rant and led to deep reflection of his parents' struggle under that evil system and his escape to become an American. Although he grew up relatively privileged as the son of the manager of a huge factory and an M.D., the move to the West became his destiny. Personal, financial and religious freedom have made him love his adopted country.

When my friend mentioned the Solidarity buttons worn is Poland, I saw the parallel to the emerging financial Tea Party ignited by Rick Santilli. Wikipedia describes the Polish Solidarity Movement as "a broad anti-communist social movement." I am eager to become part of that movement.


NB - Someone with more talent with graphics than me can make a killing selling Solidarity U.S.A. logo'd apparel.

1 comment:

mary podlesak said...

Hi, anyone else interested in forming a Solidarity, USA? I sure am. truthtocome@gmail.com