Sunday, August 16, 2009

Confirming every out-state stereotype

I have friends who live in rural Dane County who consider all of Milwaukee County as a thug filled ghetto. Try as I might, they won't venture more than a block from the interstate highways that pass through the county. That view of greater Milwaukee County as Wisconsin's Gotham City is pretty much universal for those that don't live and work here.

Tom Barrett's ass-whipping at the State Fair confirms these impressions. Shorewood, Tosa, Milwaukee, Greenfield - they are all the same.

Barrett gets smacked down in West Allis, no less. That's cream puffs, cherry pie and race car exhaust I tell my friends. I certainly was wrong.

Beware. If you are not going to stay in your own zip code, at least you should keep your butt out of thugsville Milwaukee.

No comments: