Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shattering the dream




Before Obama's race speech*, the controversy was about the content of the words, soul, and character of Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Senator Obama. The color of Rev. Wright's skin and his racial background were never an issue in any of the commentary that I heard and read on this subject.

Senator Obama turned that on its head. He lectured Americans for over half an hour, making excuses for Rev. Wright, distancing himself from his Pastor, and pointing a finger at me.

I do not accept
Senator Obama's blame for Rev. Wright's statements and racist attitudes. Nor do I accept blame for Senator Obama's racism. I also reject Obama's lies, condescension, and excuses.

It is tragic that after the sacrifices of the many Americans who fought for the civil rights of African-Americans in the 1950's and 60's, that both Barrack Obama and his spiritual leader have rejected Dr. King's words from two score and five years ago.
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Senator Obama read these words. Give up your racist attitudes and reject your racist spiritual leader. Then write a new speech.


*I Googled it. The fastest way to find the transcript was to include the words "race speech."

No comments: