Saturday, November 29, 2008

Drive-thru ettiquette

The other day I went through a McDonald's drive-thru to pick up lunch. It was one of the two lane drive-thru's, and things moved very quickly - left, right, left, right ...

Finally I get up to the board where I can pick out my Dollar Menu lunch. Left, right, left, right, right ... oops.

"Excuse me," I yelled in the speaker, "you missed my turn." No answer, as the woman in the right lane is having her order taken.

What do I do now? I can think of four main choices.
  1. Wait until they finally decide to take my order.
  2. Pull in front of the woman and give my order at Window 1.
  3. Pull in front of the woman, then pull out of line and leave.
  4. Pull in front of the woman, pay for and take her order, and hopefully foul up the orders of the next half dozen cars.
Take the poll, sidebar right.

UPDATE:

Poll results are here.

No comments: