We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a Civilian National Security Force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.A disturbing concept. There are a good list of questions about this proposal posed at the Captain's Journal.
I have a few questions on my own.
- How will this Civilian National Security Force (hereafter CNSF) be just as powerful as men with guns, artillery, ordnance, war ships and aircraft?
- What will make the CNSF “just as strong” as the U.S. Marine Corps?
- How will this CNSF implement national security policy?
- Since the 2009 budget includes just over half a trillion dollars for defense spending (The Captain’s Journal supports this, and calls for even more), and since it is judged that this CNSF be “just as well funded” as the military, where will this half a trillion dollars come from?
- Finally, if he didn’t really mean that this CNSF would be the beneficiary of half a trillion dollars (to do with we don’t know what), then why did he say so?
- Who controls this "civilian" force?
- Is this a part of the Federal Government?
- Controlled by Executive, Legislative, or Judicial?
- If part of the Federal Government, how does a "Security Force" remain "civilian?"
- Does this amount to anything more than arming and legally empowering civilian Community Organizers to enforce the Obama doctrine?
To understand this fully, students should be acquainted with the concept of the "dual state." In effect, the (...) government and the (...) party were operated at the same time and along parallel, but often conflicting, lines.I think the Org Chart will look something like this.
Here is a real life example of what to expect from Obama's Security Troopers.
It is not hard to imagine that these campaign workers will be members of Obama's Civilian National Security Force. Expect them to be well armed with the power to quell dissent and arrest those who are disloyal to the State and Herr Obama.
It seems that a bunch of Obama supporters -- paid campaign workers, actually -- were loudly demanding that they get the "working man’s price" for alcohol. When the bartender explained that the prices were consistent every night and that most Republicans didn’t order top shelf unless they were willing to pay for it, the Obama workers went a little batty. According to the bartender, the Obama-ites wanted top-shelf liquor, scotch, that was $100 a glass or more, but they wanted it cheap.
“Working man prices.”
When the campaign workers started going after other patrons, that's when it got ugly. They started accusing regular folks of not voting for Obama because of racism, etc. Instead of explaining why they liked Obama so much, Team Obama members demanded that others defend Obama on their behalf.
How will this work. Try to imagine the following example with the SS having the ability to monitor communications on the Internet and cellular communications (24 fans: think Frau Chloe).
One final word is necessary on the operation of the Nazi government. Everyone knows how important the Gestapo was in terms of maintaining an atmosphere of terror. The usual view has been one of Gestapo agents everywhere, watching every move of every German. History teachers today would be well served to familiarize themselves with the work of Robert Gellately. He has demonstrated convincingly and surprisingly just how few Gestapo agents were needed to keep ideological order in Germany. For the administrative region of Lower Franconia, for example, only twenty-eight agents were needed to monitor a population of one million, and all but six of them were assigned to the city of Wuerzburg. How did they manage, given what appears to be an enormous task and a severe shortage of manpower? Gellately has shown that the ordinary citizenry proved to be enormously helpful in terms of conforming to the demands of the regime and spying on one another. The main job of the agents, as it turns out, therefore was to sort through denunciations. This is an aspect of the Third Reich that has definitely been misunderstood.Change that from "disturbing" to "chilling" concept. You read it here first, folks. Be afraid. Very, very afraid.
I am GestapObama, and I approve this message.