Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Prince bitch slaps Cecil

I don't think this was in the paper, so you may have missed it. Prince Fielder unloads on his father at the Journal-Sentinel's Brewers Blog, Tom Haudricourt reports:

Fielder said he had no intention of keeping the 50th home run ball but was hoping for No. 52.

"My dad had 51 (as a season high)," said Fielder. "Then, he can't say anything."

In the SI article, Cecil Fielder said his some was an ingrate and would not have been a first-round draft pick if not for him paving the way with his big-league career. Prince, who wants to be his own man and escape the shadow of his father, obviously has been steaming about those comments ever since.

That subject resurfaced when Fielder was asked about the possibility of winning the NL MVP award.

"It would be a cool award to get but that's not something I think about," he said, "besides the fact my dad never did it. If I do get it, that shuts him up again."

"That's why I'm so passionate about playing," Fielder added. "I don't mind people comparing me to him but I'm a completely different player. One day I want people to mention my name and not have to mention his."

As for the recent comments from his father, Fielder said, "You've got to look at who's saying it. Let's be honest. He's not really the brightest guy."

We're guessing Prince and Cecil won't be having dinner any time soon.

Wow.

No comments: