Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not a serious institution



Congressman Sensenbrenner's staff gave me and Mrs. Headless a tour of the U.S. Capitol last week.

On the tour we were able to witness debate on the floor of the House of Representatives. As best as I can figure it, the debate had the gentleman from Georgia in favor of expanding leases for oil drilling on federal lands and the gentleman from Guam (actually a woman) in favor of some law having to do with biting monkeys. I am not smart enough to really understand any of it.

After witnessing this fiasco, I conclude that the U.S. House of Representatives is no longer a serious institution. Our founding fathers would be embarrassed to see what has become of their experiment in self governance.

As luck would have it, I found the debate on YouTube. This first video is about the extent of what I witnessed from the House gallery.



This the first part of the debate that I missed.

No comments: