Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nuclear security

If you learned that the man in this photo -- a professional assassin -- was the head of security at one of our nation’s most vulnerable nuclear facilities, would it trouble you? Or would it sound like one hell of a story?
I think I'll feel a little safer when I return to work on Monday. I'll also be more likely to obey the site's 15 mph speed limit.

The rest of the story is here.


Dad29 said...

Frankly, the more of the story I read, the less I believed it.

We're both acquainted with the hiring standards for WE's Nukers; it's very hard to believe that the Michigan nuke's standards are different by THAT much.

Headless Blogger said...

Dad - I hadn't made past page 2 before posting. I agree with your assessment - the bullshit factor gets pretty high as you get into it.

Some of the anecdotes will preclude Zeke from maintaining his security clearance if validated.

I will want to buy & read his book which I expect to see soon. Zeke may also make a great Fox News Analyst.


Dad29 said...

It's not his clearance I care about.

I think the guy is definitely unstable. Putting him at the top of the "security" pile at a nuke facility may not be prudent.

Headless Blogger said...

I skipped a step. In this industry, no clearance equals no job. Especially for any position related to security.

Zeke may find his name listed on the NRC's banned list, and Entergy and/or Nuclear Management Company may face enforcement action for employing his guy.