Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Redneck Sushi hits the MSM

Eureka! Now I know why someone from the New York Times was poking around my blog for the last couple of days.



NY Times Dining & Wine readers, my Redneck Sushi links are here and here.

A note to Mr. Darlin of the Times. I don't claim to be the inventor of the bacon wrapped fattie, I was just talking smack to Aaron and Jason. However, I did post my much superior creation prior to the Bacon Explosion post. I credited my inspiration to Dan's Bacon & Cheese Roll and provided a link.

It seemed more than coincidental that Jason, Moe & Aaron independently came up with their weaved bacon wrapped around a fattie substance idea within a month of Dan's widely circulated post. Since they were such swell sports, I've been jerking their chains ever since. Clearly they didn't copy me or the would have created a far better product.

6 comments:

DEVOTEE said...

As many people want to assert that theirs is an original creation, personally, i believe that this Novelty goes back many years ago. If you were to perouse the Larousse Gastronomique, it will enligthen anybody that the so called Pate' de Maison were using the same technique in preparation, although outside of a terrine. Here in the USA we also have ( some of us ) a so called Meatloaf...with the same twist.
Sooo it sounds it is, but with a twist.
as usual
Sal Stagno

Headless Blogger said...

Sal - I can't argue with that.

hb

Unknown said...

Sounds delish.

Everybody should take credit

The cholesterol pharma folks must be loving you for this publicity on bacon.

It sounds like the Baconator on steroids.

Headless Blogger said...

You are correct Diane. Thanks for the nice feedback.

Dad29 said...

You also made it (indirectly) into the Dallas newspaper's blog via the NYT story.

Headless Blogger said...

Dad - It is very strange having someone besides you read my stuff.

Did I mention the politician in the Headless family?

hb