Saturday, January 17, 2009

Put away your childish toys

As seen on Althouse, Obama refuses to give up his Blackberry.
"If I'm doing something stupid, somebody in Chicago can send me an email and say, 'What are you doing?'

"I want to be able to have voices, other than the people who are immediately working for me, be able to reach out and send me a message about what's happening in America."
So having 300 foreign policy advisers is not enough for the new President, he wants to take advise from 300,000,000 Americans. Wow! If he has time for that, maybe he should be looking for a more challenging job.

The reality of Blackberry users/text messagers (OMG - same people, different devices), is that when they are using their devices, they are not giving any attention to those that they are with. I did not say or mean "full attention" in that last sentence. They are not giving those that they are with any attention in the moment that they are reading or sending messages. "Be here now" cannot happen when you are twiddling your thumbs on a Blackberry.

Why did Obama raise and spend $1 billion to get elected if he is not interested in performing the job of the Presidency? If any job in the world is 24/7, it is this one. He can no longer spend 191 minutes a day shooting hoops or even one second reading 'texts' from his BFF on the Southside. He has not changed his behvior at all as an adult, don't expect him to take this new job seriously and to give it the attention that it demands.

If Obama refuses to put away his childish toys, these word that he will speak on Tuesday will not be uttered seriously.
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

No comments: