I sat on this since Sabathia's debut on Tuesday. I wanted to believe. Sadly, the truth will emerge.
1. Past performance is not indicative of future results. This isn't 2007 for CC Sabathia anymore.
2. Matt LaPorta will be a perennial All-Star and occasional MVP. Just not for the Brewers.
3. No lead is safe with this bullpen. Unless he pitches complete games, Sabathia's success is dependent on names like Gagne and Mota.
4. Fielder is going, going, gone. And his replacement is playing in Cleveland.
5. These are the Brewers. Small market teams need to play the small market game. Stick with the plan and don't react to perceived circumstances. It is suicide to spend money and trade prospects like you are the Cubs, Yankees or BoSox.
No World Series in 2008 and the Sabathia trade is a disaster. Come back in October and tell me I am a fool.
5 years ago