Friday, July 25, 2008

Wisconsin Climate Report: I am missing their point

I was about halfway through my Dad29-ing of the Governor's Task Force on Global Warming Final Report when I lost the file. So I'll have to give my Readers Digest version.

Governor's Task Force on Global Warming tells you the problem in six words. This should be the Governor's Task Force on Wisconsin Warming.

The climate interests of every location on the Globe are not the same. Wisconsin's climate interests are different from the interests of California, France and China. The Governor's Task Force should have been commissioned to address what can be done to improve Wisconsin's climate.

The answer, of course, is to do anything in our power to warm things up. It is flipping cold here and it is getting colder. They should not be spending time and money searching for ways to make things worse. That is really stupid, even for Governor Jim Doyle.



The health, agricultural and economic benefits of a warmer Wisconsin are indisputable and immense. We cannot wait for another Ice Age before acting.

I call for a do-over. This time can we include Wisconsin's most famous and internationally lauded climatologist on the Governor's Task Force?

No comments: