- 1-1/2 oz. good quality Rum - I used Plantation Grande Reserve Rum from Barbados ($14.99 at Discount Liquor)
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar syrup - a natural Southern American sweetener, I found mine at that market in Atlanta where Alton Brown shops
- 2 Cherries for garnish - I used Lazzaris Ciliegie in Sciroppo di Amarena, I bought these at Sendik's (these are really good)
- 1/2 teaspoon syrup from the cherries
- 3 dashes of Fee Brothers orange bitters
Not exactly a Tequila Old Fashioned, but not bad. I think I will have another. I'll add an orange slice to the garnish next time, if I have an orange available.