Friday, September 05, 2008

Palin-McCain Rally in Cedarburg



After one hour in line, this is as close as I got to seeing Sarah Palin and her running mate in Cedarburg. Although one block from the speeches, we still had another hour and a half in line with 30 minutes until the candidates spoke. I'm still glad I went.

Sarah Hair



Lauren Beckham Falcone opines that Palin's hair is a disaster.

But must her hair suffer? With her long, straight, often pinned-up locks, Palin looks one humid day away from fronting a Kiss cover band.

“It’s about 20 years out of date,” said Boston stylist Mario Russo of the Alaska governor’s ’do. “Which goes to show how off she might be on current events.”

Frankly, Russo and other homosexual hairdressers have been trying to make women look like men for decades. Mr. Russo, please leave women's hair alone.

I also saw the following on the Althouse blog last week. It inspired me to look for pseudo-Palin hairstyles while in line for the Palin speech.
11:31: Here she is, in a dark, skirted suit. (No pantsuit.) Behind her, a daughter is holding the new baby. Palin is wearing a HUGE, glittering flag pin. She's got that trademark hairdo. (Want to wear that hairdo? I'm going to be looking around on campus to see if any of the young women are wearing their hair in the Palin style. If you see me, let me take your picture!)
Judge yourself if these women are doing their versions of the Sarah-doo. I am a straight male and my opinion is obviously of no value.











After Cedarburg I was on the UW-Milwaukee campus for a short time. While there I saw Sarah hair on two young women. Sorry, no photos.

4 comments:

M.E. said...

Hey Headless Blogger! Love your photos. I posted a few myself from our vantage point at the rally.

I heard somehow quote Sarah as saying that she purposely goes for a "frumpy" look in hair and glasses. Smart woman. She wants to be appreciated for her brains, not her beauty.

However, in my opinion, there's nothing frumpy about her.

Anonymous said...

I love her hairdo, my goodness, when was the last time they talked about Obama's hair do...maybe because they are used to see powerful woman look more like a man. Hillay also looked good in longer hair until she start looking like a man.

here is a great site dedicated to sarah palin
www.governorpalin.blogspot.com

Headless Blogger said...

Frieda - Every man I know loves her hair. But we're not Boston hair stylists, so what do we know.

Dad29 said...

So you were one of the 1,000 or so that showed up, eh?