Sunday, November 25, 2007

Smokin' Names

A virtual friend has pointed out that any worthwhile barbecue pitmaster should have a barbecue nickname. The Blues Name Generator posted by Tom McMahon works well for BBQ too, with some minor modifications.

BBQ Name Generator
Originally Planet Proctor's Blues Name Generator
Letter
Your First BBQ Name
Your Middle BBQ Name
A
Blind
Bones
B
Muddy Money
C
Crippled Legs
D
Smokey Sal
E
Texas Eyes
F
Woody Lemon
G
Ugly Killer
H
Brown Hips
I
Happy Lips
J
Boney Fingers
K
Curly Boy
L
Pretty Liver
M
Jailhouse Gumbo
N
Peg Leg Foot
O
Red Mama
P
Sleepy Back
Q
Bald Duke
R
Skinny Dog
S
Fat Bad Boy
T
Big Baby
U
Yella Chicken
V
Toothless Pickles
W
Smokin' Sugar
X
Fat Boy Cracker
Y
Hickory Tooth
Z
Steel-Eye Smoke
Rule
Use your first initial Use your middle
or last initial
Example: SD becomes Fat Sal
Wow. This thing really works.

Boney Dog reporting.

3 comments:

Sal DeTraglia said...

So *that's* the explanation behind Boney Dog?

What a relief! I had assumed [ahem] something else.

Smoke on!
- Fat Sal -

Sal DeTraglia said...

What a minute! Consulting your chart, wouldn't your Q-handle be "Boney Back" instead of "Boney Dog?"

BTW...I believe that the KCBS rule require a point deduction for serving boney baby backs.

And finally...I suspect that Sam Donaldson and I will come to blows over the intellectual property rights to "Fat Sal."

Headless Blogger said...

Fat Sal - I used the middle name option. It's my chart and I make the rules.

Boney Dog